Friday, December 6, 2013

Today's Parent

This week in class we talked about parenting!

Many of the things that we learned this week were things that i have learnt in a different class this semester. My parenting class! I have loved that class and i loved this week.

How can we be the best parent?
This is the question i ask myself. I am always worried about being a future parent and how it will affect my kids.
The main thing i have learned is how important unconditional love is.

Unconditional love is something that every person should receive. You accept someone for all that they are, all their flaws all their mistakes and your love never goes away.

This is something i have had the privilege of receiving from my parents. They were so loving and never have looked at me differently for anything that i have done. I am so grateful for them.
 I couldn't ask for better parents and a better idea of what kind of a parent i want to be in the future. The kind of parent that at the end of the day no matter what mistakes they have made, they can say that they tried their best and loved their child with everything that they had. Those are my parents and that is how i want to be.




Both of my older siblings are married and have children. My oldest sister Melissa, and her husband Voyle were married when i was 5 years old, so i've grown up having them as second parents to me and my younger sister. They have helped guide us and lead us in good directions. I am so grateful for them. They are actually the ones who gave me the idea to come to school and BYU- Idaho, and i am so lucky to have them on my team :) They are wonderful parents to their 3 kids, who i love to death. I want to take into practice how much they listen to their kids. They are so good and sitting down and listening to their kids days. I want to have the kind of relationship with children that they do with theirs.




My other sister, Amelia and her husband Terence are new parents to their daughter, Bridget. It has been fun  watching them learn how to parent. It has been really inspiring. They work together so well and are so kind and loving to their girl. I hope that when i am a first time parent i will have their patience and love towards each other and their child. Their example has meant quite a bit to me.




 I know, that parenting will be no easy task and i am gateful for all the many examples i have to follow. If i am even half the parent that they all are, i will be doing all right.

I love talking about families and i am so happy that this will be my future career. Much love! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment